Ninebanks Youth Hostel is perfect for any group occasion.
For instance we accommodate:
• School and University groups
• Youth Clubs
• Scouts and Guides
• Religious Groups
• Clubs, Societies and Interest Groups
• Charity training weekends
• Corporate Team Building
The spacious dining room seats 30 and you can rearrange tables round the walls, so you can use it for teaching, studying, briefing, acting, music... almost anything is possible. It adjoins the sitting room so you can use that to relax or as a break-out space.
Our rural location means less distractions, more focus on your programme.
Education and Activities on the Doorstep
• The Romans at various points along Hadrian’s wall – Vindolanda, Housesteads and Birdoswald are highlights, or take a walk along the Wall
• Nearby Killhope Lead Mining Museum, where youngsters learn through fun and involvement
• Kielder Water and Forest for large-scale activities
• Bowlees, the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Information service, and AONB projects to enhance the area
• Beautiful Hexham Abbey with The Big Story - its excellent new interactive exhibition
• Hexham Town with its Town Trail
• Local organised activity providers
• Walks in the expansive hills of the North Pennines
• Geology – sedimentology of the highest order, lead mining and the Whin Sill
Larger groups may have enough people to warrant the whole hostel to yourselves. In this case we can cater for you, any combination of breakfast lunch and evening meal at flexible times saving you a whole lot of effort so you can focus on your activities. Please get in touch to talk about your options.