Ninebanks Youth Hostel
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in this 28-bed hostel, a 2-storey building with garden, in Mohope a small hamlet in the West Allen Valley.
The hostel is stone building built into the hillside on a number of levels.
The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions about access, please call us and we will endeavour to help.
• Nearest train stations Haydon Bridge 11 miles and Hexham 15 miles
• A local taxi service (Baynes) has accessible taxis if required. We can make a booking for you.
• The hostel’s details can be seen on www.ninebanks.org.uk
• You can contact the hostel by phone or e-mail (details below).
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Car parking is on roadside by the hostel
• Uneven surfaces and steps from road to main entrance
• There is no pavement or street lighting in Mohope
Main Entrance & Reception
• 1 step up to main entrance
• Induction loop at reception
• Reception area is very small
• Payphone available on stairs
• Emergency phone to contact member of staff at night in adjacent building.
• None of the doors allow wheelchair access to the building.
Public Areas – General
• Good lighting
• Floor coverings are stone flags or quarry tiles.
Public Areas – WCs
• There is one toilet on first floor landing and one by rear entrance all others are ensuite.
• None of the toilets meet DDA requirements for wheelchair users.
Public Areas – Dining Room & Lounge
• There is one step from common room to dining room
• Dining tables are moveable, large stable chairs have no armrests
Self- Catering Kitchen
• One step from common room to kitchen, level floor kitchen to dining room
• Domestic style fittings and appliances
• Two ovens, microwave, two kettles, toaster, fridge freezer.
Laundry & drying facilities
• one step from kitchen to laundry room
• washer and tumble drier available
• drying room
• outside washing line
Bedrooms – Ground Floor
• Two bedrooms on ground floor
• One triple, double bed with single over and small ensuite shower room
• One six-bedded with large adjacent private shower room
• 5 steps from ground floor bedrooms to dining room common room and kitchen
Bedrooms – First Floor
• Two ensuite bedrooms on first floor, five steps up from dining room. Handrails fitted on one side.
• One triple room. double bed with single over, individual bunk lights
• One four bedded room individual bunk lights
• Further two bedrooms up staircase from reception, stairs are cottage style, narrow and carpeted with handrail up one side.
• One eight bedded room with ensuite shower room, toilet on landing opposite, down and up two steps.
• One four bed room with ensuite shower room, this room has very low bottom bunks. Up further four stairs, no handrail.
• All rooms have ensuite or private shower rooms.
Grounds & gardens
The hostel has a small garden at the front of the hostel with two picnic benches.
• No pets or dogs (but service dogs are welcome).
• No smoking.
• Disability awareness courses – as part of the ‘Welcome Host’ scheme – are undertaken by all of our staff.
• A member of staff is usually available on site, including at night (access via emergency phone at Reception). Except where a group has booked sole use of the hostel.
• Emergency lighting and fire alarms fitted. We ensure that all guests are evacuated in the event of fire or any emergency requiring evacuation.
• Evacuation procedures shown (in large font) in each bedroom
• Mobile phone reception is poor within immediate vicinity Vodafone is the only reliable network.
• OS 86 GR 771514
• Address: Ninebanks Youth Hostel, Orchard House, Mohope, Hexham, Northumberland NE47 8DQ
• Telephone: 01434 345288
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Hours of operation: Reception open from 8 am to 10 am and from 5 pm to 11 pm.
• Local buses Traveline 0871 2002233
• Local accessible taxis: Baynes Taxis 01434 683269
We welcome your feedback to help us to continue making improvements. Please contact us directly if you have any queries or if you would like to make any comments.